HOW to use Pallo Coffeetool
NOTE** Some of the following steps require a commercial or semi-commercial backflushable espresso machine. If you are unsure if your espresso machine fits this profile, check with your espresso machine manufacturer before proceeding. If your machine is NOT a backflushable commercial or semicommercial espresso machine, use step 3 ONLY.
1. Using Pallo Coffeetool’s on-board detergent spoon, place a spoonful or less of JoeGlo (or your favorite backflush detergent) into a “blind insert” (without holes) in your portafilter handle.
2. Attach the portafilter to the group and start backflushing your machine, following the instructions on your detergent package.
3. When its time to flush out the system, run the group and start scrubbing the shower screen and the nooks and crannies of your group with Pallo Coffeetool. Always move the Pallo Coffeetool clockwise when cleaning the group head channel to avoid unscrewing the bristle head.
Click here for Backflush Diagram
This is a good time to use the Pallo Coffeetool as the hot running water helps wash away spent grounds, rancid coffee resins, flavors and odors. The benefit of using coffeetool is apparent at this stage as your hands stay cool and dry.
4. Backflush your machine again, this time with out detergent. and repeat step #3.
5. Use the Pallo Coffeetoo steam wand vent poker to unclog steam wand vent holes that have become clogged with dried milk residue or other debris (rust, hard water deposits, etc.) from inside your steam wand.
WHEN to use Pallo Coffeetool
Use Pallo Coffeetool to as often as you like including when flushing the system after backflushing. The important thing is to keep your group head clean throughout the day. Some top baristas use Pallo Coffeetool to clean spent grounds from the shower screen after every shot.
For more information or if you have a specific question please call or email: